Atlanta Historical Homes Tour
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Product code: Homes tour
Tour includes visit two of the historical homes on our list. Swan House, Margret Mitchell "Gone with the Wind" House, Governor's Mansion or Rhodes Hall on this guided tour of two of Atlanta's famed historical neighborhoods, enjoying local pickup and round-trip transportation.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, we visit the Governor's Mansion, a Greek Revival style home built in 1967. The mansion stands on approximately 18 acres in northeast Atlanta. It was designed by Georgia architect A. Thomas Bradbury and officially opened on January 1, 1968. Completing the tour, you will head to The Margaret Mitchell House which was completed in 1899 by Cornelius J. Sheehan. In 1925, Margret Mitchell and her Husband John Marsh, moved into apartment No. 1 where Mitchell wrote the Pulitzer-Prize winning novel Gone With the Wind. Hear bout the life of Margret Mitchell. We tour OUTSIDE of the home only. Late lunch is at the Swan Coach house at your own expense.
On Saturdays, the historical homes we visit varies. We may visit inside of two of the following houses: The Rhodes Hall, The Margaret Mitchell House, The Swan House or Smith Family Farm. Confirmation on homes visiting will be sent prior to tour day on. The Governor's Mansion is not available on Saturdays.
Total Duration: 5 hours
- Great Exploration Tours Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia, pass by without stopping
- Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, Georgia, pass by without stopping
- Swan House, Atlanta, Georgia, pass by without stopping
- Tullie Smith Farm, Atlanta, Georgia, pass by without stopping
- Margaret Mitchell House, Atlanta, Georgia, pass by without stopping
- Georgia Governor's Mansion, Atlanta, Georgia, pass by without stopping
- Guided Tours of Two Historical Homes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Lunch stop (the price of lunch is not included)
- Gratuities - recommended
- Cost of lunch
We can pick up travelers or meet them at a starting point
Downtown: Atlanta Marriott Marquis, The Westin Peachtree Plaza, Ritz Carlton Downtown
Midtown: Most hotels in this area
Buckhead: JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, The Westin Buckhead Atlanta, Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Buckhead
Hotel pick-up at selected hotels only - in Downtown, Midtown and Buckhead, If hotel is not listed please contact local provider to confirm pick-up availability.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour involves moderate walking. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Additional charges may apply for pick-up if hotel is not one of our selected hotels.
- Please check hotel pick-up listing prior to booking tour.
- Minimum numbers of (4) guest to run tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- If you will not be arriving at your destination within the specified reconfirmation period, please reconfirm with the local service provider prior to travel, or upon arrival at your destination. Please note that departure times and locations may vary slightly.
- No backpacks or oversize bags allowed in the Governor's Mansion
- Tours of the Governor's Mansion are at will of the Governor's Mansion approval
- Tour start time is approximate and can be adjusted for traffic conditions and pick-up schedule
* Adults are ages 12 and above
* Children are ages 3-11
* Infants are ages 0-2